The Shaw Moisture Meters Model SDT-Ex is a compact, 3 wire, 4-20 mA dewpoint transmitter designed to meet the stringent demands of industrial applications.
The Model SDT-Ex is certified intrinsically safe to ATEX: Ex II 1 GD Ex ia IIC T4 Ga (-20 °C ≤ Ta ≤ +60 °C) IECEx: Ex ia IIIC T200135 °C Da (-20 °C ≤ Ta ≤ +60 °C) for use in hazardous areas using a signal isolator.
Incorporating advanced electronics, the Model SDT-Ex derives its power from a 7 - 28 V DC non-isolated power source and is configured to output a linear, isolated, 4 - 20 mA signal for distances up to 1,000 meters (3,280 ft).
Utilising the Ultra High Capacitance Shaw Moisture Sensor, various dewpoint ranges are available covering an overall range from -100 °C to +20 °C dewpoint. The 4 - 20 mA output is configurable in °C dewpoint, °F dewpoint, ppm(v), ppb(v), g/m3 and lb/MMSCF.
The unit is fully self-contained within a robust housing, providing weatherproof protection to IP66/NEMA 4X
The Model SDT-Ex dewpoint transmitter is supplied ready to use, with a Calibration Certificate traceable to National & International Humidity Standards, instruction manual and two metres (6.56 feet) of cable.
- 3 wire, 24 V, 4 - 20 mA dewpoint transmitter
- Intrinsically safe to ATEX and IECEx standards ATEX II 1 GD Ex ia IIC T4 Ga (-20 °C < Ta < +60 °C) IECEx Ex ia IIIC T200135 °C Da (-20 °C < Ta < +60 °C)
- Overall range -100 °C to +20 °C dewpoint
- Output configurable in °C , °F dewpoint, ppm(v), ppb(v), g/m3 and lb/MMSCF
- Accuracy + 2 °C (±3.6 °F) dewpoint
- Weatherproof rating IP66 - NEMA 4X
- Open/short circuit detection
- Linear 4 - 20 mA output signal
- Self-contained, robust and reliable
- Supplied with Calibration Certificate traceable to National & International Humidity Standards